Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Release of a New Pattern

Progress has been made on the Simple Christmas Tree Quilt (...must think of a better name...).  I have most of the pattern written and used it to make all the pieces to make sure my measurements were correct.  I just need to sew it together, and quilt.  I could add another row of three trees to make it a twin sized quilt, but I think I like it better as a couch throw or bed topper.  The plan was to add a narrow cream border.  I may entertain other options.  This has been a fun project for this between Christmas and New Years' time.  It always seems a bit of an odd few days, doesn't it?

On another note, I picked my word for 2016:  Release   The adult word for "Let it go!"  Release stuff, release stress, release anger, release extra poundage, release ideas, release joy to the world around me.  Release doesn't have to be negative.  It can be very positive!  One year when my word was Joy, I bought three random mugs spelling out Joy.  I don't see myself buying seven new mugs.  That may be counter-productive to releasing stuff.  It's been a tough year and I need to make a real effort to release negatives and move on to releasing positives.   A deep breath in, exhale it out.  Jerilynn

2 comments:

  1. Trees in Heaven! Beautiful design. I think I'll use release also!!! Where do I start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice would like that name! I will happily share Release with you! Begin one day at a time!

      Delete