Monday, December 28, 2015

Swirly Twirly Dance Dress

This blogpost would be sooo much better if I had a shot of our youngest granddaughter, Addy, in this swirly dress I made her.  If I get one, I will post at a later date.  She take ballet classes at a fabulous studio in Madison, Storybook Ballet.  The first half of the lesson, the little 3-year-olds work on their plies and pirouettes with real live, working, young ballerinas.  The little ones then sit in a circle and have a fairy tale read to them.  After this, big boxes appear and costumes and props for the fairy tale are given to all the little dancers.  The costumes are easy to put on, swirly, and adorable.  Music is started again, and the dancers all dance out the story just read to them.   Magic.  For Christmas, I thought I would make Addy a swirly, easy-to-put-on dress for dress up.  This pattern fit the bill (can't find the pattern right now, but it is a good one!).  The dress front skirt is gathered, and the front bodice wraps to the back with a hook and loop closure.  The back bodice has a full circle skirt attached to it with long ties that tie with a bow in front.  The whole dress is constructed to be reversible.  The shoulders have a little cap to them.  Really cute.  I want to make this again, using two different fabrics, for double the dress-up fun.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment