Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dishcloths Disguised as a Scarf

This isn't a project that I can show at my sewing presentation, but I can post this on my blog to show what I have been knervously knitting for a bit.  I love Knitpicks Dishy yarn, and I can almost knit a garter stitch dishcloth without even looking.  Perfect for evening-time tv watching.  I actually sold about 16 of the knit squares to a beauty salon.  Not sure what she is going to do with them, but I covered the cost of the yarn and about $1.00 for my knitting effort.  Yep.  Not much of a money-maker, but the fewer of these knit squares I have piled around the house, the happier the children are when they come to visit.  The piles of squares seem to make them knervous.  So, I got this great idea - knit 8 squares end to end to make a long scarf.  Half way through this project, I knew I was going to like it.  Carl also thought the scarf's colors were pretty fun.  I just bet if I stack up a bunch of these scarves, they just might disappear when the  kids and grandkids come to visit.  I suppose these scarves could also be cut apart for dishcloths, just in case you run out. 

2 comments: