Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heart Quilt with Kiss and Hug



These blog pictures may be the front runners for the all-time worst photos, but I snapped them at the last minute before taking them to my mom.  I have been trying to make seasonal quilts for her bed in the nursing home.  They really cheer her up and give her something to talk about to the nurses and aides.  I also try to make the quilts somewhat reversible to give her some choice in something.  The last couple of times I have also made a matching pillow case.  The color in person is a corally red, not as orange as in the photos.  Most of the fabric is from Moda Fabrics, Table for Two by Sandy Gervais. I threw in the dots for the borders.  She seemed to really love the quilt and pillow case.  I think I have made six quilts for her so far, enough to keep changing them out.  I might throw a new one in now and then, though.  These twin sized quilts are pretty fast to piece and quilt.  Jerilynn



No comments:

Post a Comment