Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pillow Talk

Wow, it just seems like a few months ago that I was enjoying the snowy view from the studio, and here I am again!  Well, it was just a few months ago that we had the big May snowstorm.  I guess Northern Wisconsin is always full of surprises!  It has been a busy few weeks - some family arrived November 22, and then other assorted children/grandchildren/family have been taking up bed space since that date.  It has been fun, and I did get the Christmas decorations out, but not much sewing has happened.  I have been working on some Christmas knitting at night, which is good.  Today is a sewing day, and I am trying not to get too nervous looking at the list of things that need to get done.  It all magically happens, though, doesn't it?  It's as if there are little elves that somehow pick up the slack while I am sleeping.  Before the arrival of all the peeps, I finished a garter stitch knit pillow and some bluejean pillows for the new porch room.  I think I need to think of another name to call that room, because, as the last couple weeks have shown, it has become a much-used room for all sorts of gatherings.  We even put up a big table out there when we had 19 for Thanksgiving dinner.  We have a couple heaters that keep the room very toasty and comfy.  Yesterday Carl put in 30+ cup hooks and hung white lights all around the vaulted ceiling.  Now I love it even more!  My list is glaring at me, knowing that I should be getting busy.  Hope wherever you are, you are warm and cozy, too, with lots of projects to keep you from being bored.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment